Archive for Month: September 2013

  • Rural Broadband

    The issue of rural broadband is never far off our agenda and I just wanted to update you all on recent progress.   KCC & ABC are working on a scheme, BDUK,  to install rural broadband in 90% of Kent and an announcement as to which parts of kent will benefit is imminent this autumn.   Parallel to…

  • Estate inspections in our area

    I now have clarification regarding the Housing estate inspections, planned for Aldington, Bilsington & Ruckinge on Monday 18th November The Council visits each rural Housing Estate once a year- the aim being to inspect the area and make note of any problems  or areas with need for improvement- rubbish, Fly tipping, areas where maintenance needs…

  • What happens to our waste

    I found this article to be very interesting about what happens to our waste once it arrives in the recycling plant. I did visit the plant in July , so I can verify that it is an accurate account. 95% of all waste can be reused once recycled and the remaining 5% is burnt as…

  • Estate Inspections in Saxon Shore

    The next Housing estate inspections in the area will be in Aldington Bilsington Ruckinge on Monday 18th November   For more details contact Kay Devereaux on 01233 330373 or kay.devereaux@ashford.gov.uk

  • The Bank of England- Surround yourself with Money and Gold !!

    Ever wondered what it would be like to be surrounded by money or Gold ??   Well here´s your chance – on Saturday 21st September the Ashford CWO branch has organized a trip to the Bank of England The Bank of England is the central bank of the United Kingdom. Sometimes known as the “Old…